Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Be careful about doing business with this place.

I took my car here based on a recommendation from another repair shop, because they were too backed up to take my car in at the time. My car was in desperate need of a new catalytic converter which I was aware of. Steve's imports did their diagnostics on my car, and said it also needed two O2 sensors and a mass airflow sensor. They said the total repair cost would be $1700. I was astounded with the quote they had given me, because that's way more than my almost 20 year old car is even worth. I understand that some repairs can be costly, but at that point I decided to call around to other repair shops to see if I could get a better deal somewhere else.

I called about 3 different places and for the same repair that Steve's was trying to charge me $1700 for these other shops were saying they could do the same job for about $1000 to $1200...which was hundreds less. I called Steve's back and said I would be picking up my car and wouldn't be having them work on my car.

I get there and they charge me $107 for the diagnostic they had done on my car, which fair enough they need to make money too, but when I explained to them that I could get the same job for hundreds cheaper elsewhere they just laughed and joked about it. Obviously this shop doesn't care about customer service if they are going to sit there and laugh and joke about their ridiculously high costs. I definitely wasn't laughing at the way I was being treated.

After I got home with my car and I was reading over the diagnostic report that they had given me I noticed that their charges didn't even add up. They were going to charge $1120 for replacing the 2 O2 sensors and catalytic converter. Then the cost of the mass airflow sensor was going to be $340. Even with the $107 they charged for the diagnostic that doesn't add up to $1700...there's still $133 missing from that quote,

Makes you wonder where that extra $133 was going to go. Probably straight into their pocket.

My advice is to stay as far away from this place as possible. They'll just scam you out of a lot of money.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of steves imports customer care. Steves Imports needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned steves imports customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Steves Imports.

Comments